Did you know that students at Rosedale Heights P.S. (and across the York Region District School Board) have access to a large collection of digital resources (including many eBooks, graphic novels, audiobooks and streaming video) from Sora?
Sora is a repository of e-books available to York Region District School Board students, providing access to resources on many topics across a range of levels, as well as many popular fictional titles and even current bestsellers. Students can use their student numbers to access the platform and ‘borrow’ digital resources, allowing them to read or listen on phones, tablets or computers.
YRDSB students can access e-books on Sora by following these easy steps:
1. Go to the YRDSB Sora homepage (or download the Sora app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store)
2. Click on “My school is York Region District School Board”
3. On the drop down menu, click “Select your school”
4. Choose “Students” and then enter “0” plus your YRDSB student number (e.g. 0123456789).
5. Click the “Sign in” button
Students can borrow two books at a time and place up to three books on ‘hold’ at a time. Books will automatically be ‘returned’ at the end of the lending period. Additional features allow students to adjust reading or audio settings, define new or unfamiliar words and even create and export highlights and notes.
Be sure to take advantage of this excellent resource!